Tuesday 8 April 2014

Mount (H)Elena

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599606/Woman-survived-crushed-two-cars-tells-ordeal.html

Woman, 46, who survived being crushed between two cars tells of terrifying moment Volkswagen Golf ploughed through wall at 70mph and pinned her against own vehicle

  • Elena Berek was cleaning her car outside her home in Coventry last month
  • Suddenly a stolen VW Golf smashed through her garden wall and left her pinned between two cars as the driver ran away
  • Ms Berek had to be freed by firefighters and taken to hospital
  • 'I can't believe I got out alive,' the businesswoman says after her ordeal
A woman who was crushed between two cars has spoken her shock at being hit by a stolen Volkswagen Golf as she was cleaning her own convertible in the drive of her home.  
Elena Berek suffered a broken leg and smashed pelvis in the crash - but she could have been much more badly injured as bricks from the garden wall flew towards her head.  
In the aftermath of the horrendous accident, she assumed that the driver would help her, but instead he tried to reverse the car and ended up running away. 
Scroll down for video
Horror: Elena Berek was trapped between two cars after one of them was struck by a hit-and-run driver
Horror: Elena Berek was trapped between two cars after one of them was struck by a hit-and-run driver (Photo's courtesy of Elena's Brother apparently <Bit of a sicko really don't you think?>)
Injuries: Ms Berek was forced to spend three weeks in hospital with a broken leg and pelvis
Injuries: Ms Berek was forced to spend three weeks in hospital with a broken leg and pelvis
Recovery: The businesswoman now says she is lucky to be alive after the terrifying accident last month
Recovery: The businesswoman now says she is lucky to be alive after the terrifying accident last month

Ms Berek, 46, was cleaning her Chrysler Crossfire (Good old US Chrysler) outside her home in Coventry on a Sunday morning last month when she saw a black (? Sayin nowt!) Golf (VW Golf, ya know, the GERMAN CAR) heading towards her at 70mph (There was a Speed camera that can prove this then I presume?)
The car smashed through her garden wall and hurtled into another vehicle, which careered into Ms Berek so she had to be freed by firefighters. (Whilst her Brother stood by and took photo's of his sister in agony, and, for all he knew; close to death?)
'I can't quite believe how dramatic it was,' she said. 'One minute I was washing my car and the next thing I was completely trapped. It could have been fatal and I just can't believe I got out alive.  
'The driver was completely out of control. I was forced over the front of the bonnet and bricks from the garden wall came flying just over my head. The bricks missed me by just a few centimetres. I was so lucky. (So we can deduce that while she was being hit by the evil VW, she took notice of how far the bricks were near to her head?) 
'I saw the driver from a sideways angle and hoped he was going to come and help me, but after he couldn't re-start the car, he turned and fled on foot. (Was he wearing WW2 military attire by any chance?)
'It was an early Sunday morning so none of my neighbours were around to see it. I was jammed between the two cars and shaking like a leaf.' 
Drama: The incident was caught on camera by Ms Berek's brother Tony after she accidentally phoned him
Drama: The incident was caught on camera by Ms Berek's brother Tony after she accidentally phoned him (Sikphuk lives local then?)
, then drove offRescue: Firefighters pulled the victim out from between the two vehicles with the help of paramedics
Rescue: Firefighters pulled the victim out from between the two vehicles with the help of paramedics
Danger: Ms Berek says she was nearly killed by flying bricks after a stolen car crashed through the wall
Danger: Ms Berek says she was nearly killed by flying bricks after a stolen car crashed through the wall (Fireman on the right probably can't believe her BROTHER is photographing it all)

Emergency services battled for an hour to free Ms Berek, in shocking scenes captured on camera by her brother Tony.  
She said: 'I was actually texting Tony at the time but the crash caused me to accidentally call him. All he could hear was my screaming and he rushed over within minutes.  
'I couldn't feel any pain at first but as soon as I was freed by the fire crews it all kicked in. It was a miracle I got out alive. I just remember screaming my lungs out for help.'  
Ms Berek's partner Maggie (Ahhhh, all becomes clear, it was a right wing Nazi in a Nazi german VW, the colour gave it away really didn't it....sinister and all) (Good job, Russia don't make Cars that are popular), 59, who runs a green energy firm with her, was inside their home at the time of the crash.  
'I was inside doing the ironing when I heard this huge explosion,' she said. 'All I could hear was Elena screaming my name. (Hopefully not the first time that's happened eh Maggie?...know what I mean?..nudge nudge!)
'At first I thought a bomb had gone off, it was terrifying but my only thought was to go to Elena (Well I'd be surprised if your first thought would be to sit down and watch EastEnders <Silly billy>). I ran outside and it was carnage - she was trapped between the two cars.'  
Carnage: The stolen VW Golf pictured in the aftermath of the accident, when the driver had fled the scene
Carnage: The stolen VW Golf pictured in the aftermath of the accident, when the driver had fled the scene (Well built them Golf's ain't they? let's face it, this one took down a brick wall, then shunted another car thus trapping Elena between the two remaining vehicles)
Getting better: Ms Berek, who runs a green energy company, acknowledges she is lucky not to be worse hurt
Getting better: Ms Berek, who runs a green energy company, acknowledges she is lucky not to be worse hurt (Old photo I presume, taken not long after the incident - notice the grazing around the knee)
Relief: 'I am trying to stay positive', says Ms Berek in the aftermath of her ordeal
Relief: 'I am trying to stay positive', says Ms Berek in the aftermath of her ordeal (No grazing and she's had her hair dyed too)
The businesswoman has spent three weeks at Coventry's University Hospital recovering from a severely broken leg, fractured in three places, and a shattered pelvis.  
Police are still hunting for the motorist who apparently stole the Golf and then fled the scene of the accident - he is described as a white man in his early 20s with black hair (Small moustache under his nose?).  
'It could have been so much worse so I am trying to stay positive about my injuries, but it is going to be at least six weeks before I can put any weight on my leg,' Ms Berek said.  
'The pictures my brother took are so dramatic and I can't believe they are real when I look at them.  
'I'm very lucky and everyone has been so helpful and rallied around me.' 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599606/Woman-survived-crushed-two-cars-tells-ordeal.html#ixzz2yIdeAZEv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Summary:
It is reported:

This incident occurred just a month ago.

Elena spent three weeks in Hospital due to her injuries. 
(See photo 2 below)









Injuries: Ms Berek was forced to spend three weeks in hospital with a broken leg and pelvis

Presumably the photo below was taken following her release from Hospital? (Notice the grazing to her Knee area, and it looks like she may have had 'highlights' put in her hair while in hospital also)

Getting better: Ms Berek, who runs a green energy company, acknowledges she is lucky not to be worse hurt


Possibly a week after her release from Hospital, no grazing: healed really quickly that. And she must have dyed her hair in the interim period. (Managed to fit a lot in hasn't she?)


Relief: 'I am trying to stay positive', says Ms Berek in the aftermath of her ordeal



Ultimately, most people with such an injury would likely by handed a set of crutches, so why Elena needs to get around in a Wheelchair I've no idea.









No comments:

Post a Comment